This hat was a dream to knit. Needful Yarn is a lovely yarn and held up well to my frogging. I so enjoyed this pattern and was supposed to put it up on my blog as I had received permission from the owner at my local yarn store, but unfortunately I either misunderstood the instructions or something was not "right" with the pattern, so I haven't debut it on the blog.The hat is knit up sideways and there are these peaks and valleys throughout, but somehow my peaks never met my valleys at the right junction. So, I continued the pattern as I thought it should be and came up with this. Its actually for a newborn/infant or so, and it sort of reminded me of Saturday Night Live (SNL) The Coneheads , remember them? Anyway its still rather cute. I used US #3 needles and loved every moment of this knit up.
2 comments:
Cute hat! You just made your own pattern!
Cone heads - LOL. I remember that show.
My mom did suggest I should create a little tassle for the top. And yes, I guess I did create a somewhat 'my own' pattern.
Post a Comment