These socks have a mock cable and lace design which might be a little difficult to see because of the busy colorway. The socks are knitted in US #1 dpn needles.
I just love knitting on smaller needles. I find as I expose myself to different designs and patterns, that I really enjoy using smaller sized needles versus larger sizes. I enjoy how the smaller needles create such a tight fabric that seems almost seamless. Granted, with larger sized needles you progress a little faster in your garment, but for me its the process of creating that I seem to enjoy. Don't get me wrong, I also enjoy the end prodcut as well. I derive a certain pleasure in knowing that not everyone can create SOCKS! Yes, I have become a SOCK snob. There is a certain aura about the majic of turning the heel, picking up the stitches for the gusset, etc. Wow, what a feeling of accomplishment.
This yarn is also really nice to work with. I love Lorna's Laces products. The Worsted Weights are also great. Please check out this yarn by visiting your LYS or online knitting store.
No comments:
Post a Comment