
I completed this hat last night. This hat is made with Knit Picks Sock Yarn in the blue colorway with US #3 needle and US #6 needle. This is knitted in the flat versus on circular needles. I realize how much I hate knitting hats in the flat and then having to mattress stitch the seam. I am not very good at it so I struggle with the seaming and force myself to make hats that have seams in order to get better at this techique. But I may just give it up and modify such patterns to the circular style instead.
This hat was really fast. 92 stitches cast on on US #3 needle for about 8 rows to create the roll then switching over to US #6 needle to complete the body. The decreases were fast and barely noticeable.
When I make this hat again I will use circular needles. . .pattern was easy enough to adapt it to circulars.
1 comment:
I make a lot of mittens flat to practice seaming. Not sure why, as I don't every make anything that requires seaming, but I guess it's a good skill to have!
Post a Comment