Its been quite some time since I posted. Not that much has happened, only that I've been knitting away and watching lots of TV -- one of my great passions. I had the opportunity, though, to visit sunny Florida. I went most especially to reconnect with family members I had not seen in quite some time. I didn't go to sightsee and visit all the 'hip' and 'cool' places, but I did 'wine and dine' with my 'cool' family and their 'hip' favorite restaurants!!
I stayed in Coral Gables supposedly one of the oldest areas in sunny Miami. The neighborhood was quite awesome. Old Spanish and Mediterrean homes and churches. Quite beautiful. . . While there I managed to start and finish a hat and a pair of fingerless mittens.


Both hat and gloves were knitted in Sublime's Angora/Merino Yarn on US #8 for the hat and US #6 for the mittens. It was done in two different lace patterns. I am enjoying learning to knit up lace and one day hope to challenge myself to a lace stole or shawl.
Quick Note on Yarn: This yarn was purchased by one of my daughters as a birthday gift. Not my birthday, but her's. You see, our pediatrician told us a story of how after a certain amount of time, parents shouldn't be giving gifts to their children on their birthdays but rather the child or children should opt to give a gift to their mother. Why? Simply put: she birthed you and went through much on your birthday. So celebrate your birthday by giving your mom a gift on your's and her special day!! Let me know what YOU think of this gift exchange. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment