Welcome To Mom's Knitting Room

Welcome to my blog page. My site will update from time to time. You may on occasion see items rearranged or removed. So don't think you're going "crazy". I am still learning to navigate within the blog world.
My knitting experiences have been very slight. I have only been knitting about four years. Learning the "ropes" and "ins and outs" of knitting from my mom who has been knitting for over 50 years. I have had the privilege of having many talented women and men teach me their "tricks of the trade". They have been generous and patient with me as I learn this craft.
You might wonder why its taken so long for me to catch the "bug" of knitting, but until recently it occurred to me that this long lived art would die with my mom as she is the only one of three siblings who can knit and crochet. So in order to keep the tradition alive and hopefully pass this on to future generations in our family, I ventured out on this new journey and chapter in my life.
There are many knitters out there so willing to help "newbies" along this expedition of knitting. Along the way, I have been able to impart some new techniques, skills and information to my 80 year old mom. I've been able to introduce her to fabulous fibers as well. . . . .
Who said "you can't teach an old dog new tricks?!"

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Finished the Retro Anklet Socks!

Whoa!!! I finally finished the sock mate on Wednesday night. I worked feverishly to finish, while watching back to back episodes of "Law & Order: CI". I am so amazed that I really really made a pair of socks. After reading and watching tutorials and watching DVDs on knitting socks, I finally put it all into practice and produced two socks = one pair!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY you finally completed it!!! Looking great!

N. Maria said...

I KNEW you could do it!!!
Aren't those "Ah, ha" moments great?!
Looking forward to seeing more socks!!

P. Harper said...

Great job! Now you need to cast on another one!

mea5798 said...

who is "kewl-er" than you? great job! looking forward to pics of your next project!
mea

Tabitha said...

Congratulations on your first pair. You are now officially a sock knitter!! And you are also now officially addicted. Wishing you many more adventures with sock yarn.

Sarah said...

Great socks, and even better kitties....

Kathy... said...

Hi there! I have not "met" you before, but come via the Townsend group.

Your knits look great! Love the stash cabinet, and the critters - such cuties.

Congrats on the socks - it is the beginning of a wonderful obsession. Enjoy! Come visit my blog if you have a chance.....

Sandi said...

Isn't it such a great feeling, finishing your first pair of socks? Congratulations, from one newbie "sock-er mom" to another!

Anonymous said...

I'm SO PROUD of YOUUUUUUU!!!! :)