This is an afghan I started several months ago. I only completed two full squares before my mom got a little too tired of my taking so long on it. She completed this afghan in less time it took me to complete '2' squarees. The afghan is made with Noro's Kureyon 100% Wool and sewn together with Noro's Silk Garden Lite. The pattern called for 16 skeins of Kureyon but used 18 skeins which left us with nothing to sew the squares together, so we improvised and used a lighter version of Noro's wool and used it double stranded. I know, I know, we're not supposed to mix and match yarns, but who can
tell?!Anyway, Noro's Kureyon was a difficult yarn to work with. There were many knots found in the skeins and lots of thins and thick throughout the yardage. Both my mom and I learned to 'splice' yarn without having to make 'knots' to piece it together. Just as difficult as this yarn was to work with, so was taking a photograph of it!!! I will continue to experiment with lighting in order to take a better photo of it and replace these, but I wanted to put these up for your 'enjoyment'.
No comments:
Post a Comment