This hat I will never do again!!! I found that working 80 stitches on a 16" circular needle was a little difficult not to mention that making 'bobbles' was no easy task. The instructions were excellently written out, but the maneuvering was not an enjoyable task. I used Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino yarn in natural on US #6 -16" circular needles. I tried using 12" circular needles, not enough space to maneuver the existing stitches. I switched over to DPNs, but the needles seemed to be too heavy for such a delicate yarn and created ladders throughout. In addition to the difficult task of working a small amount of stitches on a circular needle, this particular batch or ball of yarn arrived with several "KNOTS". Something I had not encountered while ever using this yarn before. The finished product was very pretty despite all the hankerings with needles and knots!!!
1 comment:
It's awfully cute! Too bad it was so difficult to knit. Take pride in a job well done...and persevering thru the rough times!
Post a Comment