Welcome To Mom's Knitting Room

Welcome to my blog page. My site will update from time to time. You may on occasion see items rearranged or removed. So don't think you're going "crazy". I am still learning to navigate within the blog world.
My knitting experiences have been very slight. I have only been knitting about four years. Learning the "ropes" and "ins and outs" of knitting from my mom who has been knitting for over 50 years. I have had the privilege of having many talented women and men teach me their "tricks of the trade". They have been generous and patient with me as I learn this craft.
You might wonder why its taken so long for me to catch the "bug" of knitting, but until recently it occurred to me that this long lived art would die with my mom as she is the only one of three siblings who can knit and crochet. So in order to keep the tradition alive and hopefully pass this on to future generations in our family, I ventured out on this new journey and chapter in my life.
There are many knitters out there so willing to help "newbies" along this expedition of knitting. Along the way, I have been able to impart some new techniques, skills and information to my 80 year old mom. I've been able to introduce her to fabulous fibers as well. . . . .
Who said "you can't teach an old dog new tricks?!"

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Baby Booties

These little cute booties were knitted on US#5 needles with Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino yarn in white. I guess by now you must know how much I love Debbie Bliss yarns. I can't seem to get away from this lovely yarn. Its so soft and plushy. Try it, you'll like it.

No comments: