The triangle shawl was my very first project after I learned to knit and purl. I used Lion Brand's Trellis Yarn, Ocean Blue color. Used very large needle in order to achieve the airy drape. I did this pattern three times in order to get it 'right'. Not because the pattern was difficult, but because the yarn kept slipping off the needles; the second time I made the shawl, just as I was binding off, two stitches fell off and ran the length of the shawl.
Unfortunately I didn't know about 'wooden' needles and so I used aluminum needles and learned the hard way that needles and yarns really need to be matched or married in order to finish a project. I learn quite quickly there were other needles I could use.
The rectangular shawl was created in Bernat's Matrix Yarn, Copper Wire color. This was my second project and that went really fast once I learned about and discovered the warmth and ease of wooden needles.
1 comment:
More More More!!!!
Post a Comment